How to File a Witness Slip in Illinois for the House and Senate
- Create an MyILGA account to make filing witness slips faster and easier. By creating an account, your user information will automatically generate the majority of the form fields. Creating an account also allows you to track witness slips that you’ve filed for each chamber for the current General Assembly. You can also filter and sort your witness slips by committee name, date, time, and legislation number.
- Choose either “House” or “Senate” in the left column
- Select “Committee Hearings” in the drop down
- Select “Week” or “Month” from the top tabs
- Committee’s are organized in chronological order of hearing, choose your committee of interest
- Click the icon on the right Under the “Witness Slips” column, click on the icon next to the bill you wish to file a witness slip for.
- Fill in your identification information under “Section I”
- Fill out your organization if you are representing one (such as a parent group) or type “self” under “Section II”, if you are representing yourself. You can also fill in “NA”.
- Select “Opponent” (bills you are against and do not wish to have passed) or “Proponent” (bills you support and want to see passed) in “Section III”
- Select “Record of Appearance Only” in “Section IV”, unless you are submitting other forms of testimony, in which case select those as well.
- Check the box next to “ILGA Terms of Agreement” to agree
- Click the “Create Slip” button to finalize and file your witness slip
*You are able to update your House witness slips up to the end of the committee hearing.
*You are able to update your Senate witness slips up to the end of the committee’s scheduled date.